It’s quite a jungle out there. Before you venture out into the wild world of apartment communities, armed with your GPS, tablet, and phone to find and apartment , take a moment to think about what you will face…pushy salespeople…contracts filled with incomprehensible legal jargon…frightening locations… multiple application management deposits… lack of Available units.
Okay, so searching for a new apartment isn’t exactly like traipsing through the wilderness, but it may begin to feel that way and add Stress to your life. How will you know when you’ve discovered the perfect place? So here are items to help you find a great apartment:
- It is in the perfect location. Whether the apartment is five minutes from your job, in the heart of downtown, or facing the lake (or ocean or mountains), or it’s in a quiet, rural location where you are free to relax and think, the definition of “perfect” is different for everyone. And it’s true: location really is everything.
- It is well-landscaped. An apartment community that is obviously well tended and cared-for bodes well for how quickly issues will be addressed. How a management team cares for a property is likely to translate into how they treat their residents and keep them happy – meaning you won’t be left with a broken garbage disposal for weeks on end, and the pool and other amenities are probably kept in good shape.
- People are out and about enjoying the community. Look for a place where amenities are put to use – are there people walking along the sidewalks and working out in the fitness center? If it is summertime and the pool is open, is it being utilized or does it look lonely and deserted? Are there residents in the clubhouse? You want a sense of community at your new home, so take a look around and notice the interactions of the residents – with each other and the apartment staff.
- Can you park it? You want a community that has plenty of parking – for you as well as your guests. If the parking area is small and cramped, you may struggle with finding a place to park after work or helping your guests find a space. Also, is covered parking available? What about attached or detached garages?
- Is the complex pet-friendly? If you have a pet or might want a pet in the future, knowing if your potential community allows pets is very important. Be sure to ask up front about the pet policy – is there a pet deposit, pet rent or pet restrictions? If you don’t have a pet, don’t want pets and don’t want to be in an apartment that allows pets, this information is also pertinent to you – you might opt to skip the pet-friendly places if you find being around animals distressing.
- Will the apartment fit your lifestyle? If you love to cook, does the kitchen appeal to you? If you prefer mass transit, is there a train or bus station nearby? Do you work from home? If so, is there a space that can be used as an office? Does the apartment have free Wi-Fi? How’s the cell reception?
- Go back to the apartment community at night – is it well-lit? What about on-site security? Would you feel safe coming home late?
- Where are the windows? Is there a patio or balcony? You want plenty of natural light and a view.
- Storage! You want closets, perhaps a pantry, and plenty of cabinets in the kitchen.
- Does the apartment have washer and dryer hookups? Think about loading up your laundry and heading to the community laundry room a couple times per week. If you don’t mind – great! But if you do – perhaps this apartment isn’t right for you.
- Stop and listen! Just stand in the apartment and use your ears. Is the television across the hall blaring? Is the person overhead heavy-footed? Do you hear a lot of traffic noise? This will be your home, after all – make sure you can live with what surrounds you (and the noises they make).
- Drive around the neighborhood! So, you love the apartment and it meets all of your requirements. That’s super! Now, go drive or walk around and see what’s available to you – the corner m
Creative Realty Apartment Locators can take a great deal of the stress and aggravation out of your search and save you time. Creative Realty will provide you with a list of properties that meet your requirements; pictures, amenities, pricing, floor plans, maps and directions so you will be well prepared before you leave to start your search.
Find Apartments In The Following Communities:
Our Services are Even Better Than FREE
The best part of it is that you pay us absolutely nothing, you’ll pay exactly the same rent, receive all available specials (don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise), and we’ll even pay you a cash rebate. As real estate agents, licensed by the state, we work only for you. And though our commissions are paid by apartment management, we don’t work for them, our loyalty is only to you.