START YOUR SECOND CHANCE APARTMENT SEARCH
Generate a tailor-made list of second chance properties and apartments based on your specific requirements today.
SECOND CHANCE APARTMENTS IN HOUSTON TX
Having Trouble Finding an Apartment that will Approve You?
Many renters get into temporary situations that negatively affect their finances, credit and find it difficult or impossible to be approved by many apartment communities.
Creative Realty has a large selection of second chance apartments in Houston TX, that considers tenants with various types of 2nd Chance issues.
Do You Have Any of These Second Chance Issues?
If you vacated the property prior to the end of your lease; or did not provide a written notice 30-60 days prior to vacating, as was indicated in your lease
Low Fico Score from late payments, collections, repossessions, medical bills, etc.
Non-Violent felonies only, 7-10 years old and or 5 years off parole.
Properties will require bankruptcy to be discharged.
Foreclosed property, short-sale or default on a mortgage.
If you were served with court documents, asked to leave or lease not renewed.
First Time Renters
No rental history, limited or no credit.
A Few Things You Need To Know
Do not ask leasing agents if they are a second chance property. Many do not like that label and will say NO even if they actually accept 2nd chance issues. Just ask about availability of units to move into in your desired date range.
If you have been denied previously do not worry, we are still able to provide you a list of apartments that will consider your 2nd chance issues and meet your other requested criteria, but that does not guarantee you will be accepted.
Not knowing the details of the following information will affect your approval. Make sure you have them handy.
- Is there a property debt? Is it listed as a broken lease, eviction, or judgement?
- How much is the debt for?
- When was the debt posted to your credit?
- Was the debt re-posted with a different collection company more recent than the original debt? Apartments will use the most current date filed..
- How many property collections are there?
- What is your estimated score? If available.
- Do you have any utility debt? (e.g. Electric, Phone, Gas, etc. May be required to be paid off.
- Do you have a tax collection? (County, State, or IRS) May be required to be paid off.
Every apartment has different criteria so we suggest that you call the property before your visit. Also, we recommend that you take 2 money orders when you apply, one for the application fee and the other for the deposit. Make sure you agree with the leasing agent that the deposit money order will be returned if you are denied.
Give your locator all the necessary information to help you.
Though every apartment community has their own criteria for accepting new tenants with 2nd chance issues, most will require:
- Gross Monthly Income to be 2- 3 times your rent payment (e.g. rent $700, you would need to gross $1750 – $2100 a month)
- To pay off your outstanding balances: Evictions; Broken Leases, Apartment debt, Utility Bills; Tax Liens and judgements and sometimes if you have 2nd Chance balances you may be required to pay off the largest one.
- To have re-established rental with another apartment since your 2nd chance issue occurred. (Not always required.)
- Expect to pay higher deposits, up to 1-2 months’ rent, when you have 2nd Chance issues, sometimes on double normal rent $100-$200.
Knowing this information and informing your apartment locator of the details, enables us to better assist you in providing your Customized Property List of apartments that will consider and or accept your application.
Find Second Chance Apartments in Houston TX
Apartments won’t go through the details about any 2nd chance issue. They only use what is on your credit report to qualify you.
Free Credit Report
Important: is especially important to know what is on your credit before you go and apply at an apartment. By knowing what is on your credit report Creative Realty can help you more effectively by providing apartments that have worked with your situation.
Get a FREE COPY of your CREDIT REPORT without using a Credit card at any of the 3 links below:
If your credit report is wrong, it is your responsibility to get it corrected with the credit bureaus.
Multiple 2nd chance issues make it more difficult to be approved by apartments, but not impossible for us. Contact Creative Realty and let us help you overcome these difficulties and find your apartment.