Need a 2nd Chance?
Generate a tailor-made list of second chance properties and apartments based on your specific requirements today.
- I -2 years old
- We do have a few properties that will Accept current Eviction less than 1 year but will charge 2 months’ rent as deposit plus first month’s payment
- Generally the older the Eviction the better
- They should be removed from your credit report after 7 years
- Unless the debt was sold to a collection agency and they filed with a more current date. The more current date will be used by the apartments to accept or deny you.
- Generally most apartments want you to have re-established current rental history with another apartment since your Eviction. No always required.
- The amount of Outstanding Debt owed is another consideration in determining your approval or denial
- Many properties Allow only 1 Eviction; we do have properties that will accept more than 1, but sometimes require one of the debts to be paid in Full
- Having a $0 balance or a payment plan increases your chances of being Approved
- All Apartments will charge you a Larger deposit when you have an Eviction; be prepared to pay up to 2 month’s rent as Deposit, or at least 2 times normal Deposit. This allows for the higher risk apartments take accepting tenants with Evictions in their history.
Every apartment has different criteria so we suggest that you call the property before you visit and apply. Also we recommend that you take 2 money orders when you apply; one for the application fee and the other for the deposit. Make sure you agree with the leasing agent that the deposit money order will be returned if you are denied.
Get a FREE COPY of your CREDIT REPORT without using a Credit card at any of the 3 links below:
What if I have an eviction on my rental history and I wasn’t evicted?
This is quite common, if you are late paying your rent there is a practice among many properties to file an eviction. If you pay the balance before court then they will let you stay.
- The problem comes later because your rental history shows the eviction.
- Once you pay the balance, request that the eviction and any judgements be removed from your rental history and credit report.
- Keep all documentation that it was dismissed, and request a letter from the manager stating you were not evicted.
- You will require some documentation to prove otherwise to the next apartment community.
- Surprises can cost you deposits lost and being denied for Debts you were not aware of.
**Multiple 2nd Chance issues make it more difficult, not impossible, to be Approved by Apartments. This is makes our services even more important and valuable to you to help overcome these difficulties and find your Apartment
Get Paid to Move - Cash Rebate